Highlights from May /June:
May has been very busy with end of the school year events!! I wish everything would not all happen in May!
May 5th was the Beyonds Words Event at Tommy’s School. The children showcase their work related the years theme for all the parents to see. This year’s theme was Literature.
Tommy’s Art Project – The Lost Hero
Tommy’s Drawing of the Lorax
Tommy showing us the various books he made as part of Literature Week.
On May 15th – Joshua celebrated his 23rd birthday! He was happy to receive a kindle for his gift from the family.
Tommy particpated in the Read A Thon at his school and won a prize for the most minutes read in 3rd grade. He also won a skate board in the prize raffle. He was very excited, since I have been refusing to purchase a skate board for him. He has discovered the Happy Potter books and is starting the 4th book.
On May 22nd, a tornado touched down in our sister city, Minneapolis, MN. Luckily, over in White Bear Lake we only had some rain and wind, but we did heed the warnings/sirens and headed to the basement. The damage in Minnesota is nothing compare to Joplin, Missouri. Our hearts go out to the victims of the tornado in Joplin. It is a reminder to us in the Midwest to not take severe weather lightly.
Tommy also participated in the Culver’s Fundraiser. He really enjoyed working at the restaurant.
Tommy and my great-nephews. Love these guys!
Tommy had his acting debut in his first play every, The SuperPlay. He had a small part, but had a great time and is looking forward to participating in the drama club again next year.
Tommy was the Statue of Life in the play.
All the Statues….
Good golly, Miss Molly. We miss you.
We said good bye to another family pet in June. Molly’s life ended due to recurrent cancer.
This week my brother in law, Pete is visiting from Virginia for the week.
New posts at Reading in White Bear Lake (my book blog) include:
- Occassionally particpate in the Friday Book Blogger Hop hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books.
- Library Loot: What did you find at the library this week?
- Summer Fun: Keep Your Kids Reading and Learning!
- It’s Monday! What are You Reading??
Books read in May/June:
Sing you Home – Jodi Picoult – 4/5 (review)
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford – 3/5 (review)
- The Secret Kept – Tatiana de Rosnay – 3/5
- Night Road – Kristin Hannah – 4/5
- The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels – 4/5
- The Cross Gardner – Jason F Wright – 3/5
- Promise Not to Tell – Jennifer McMahon – 3/5