Finally, a blog post that is not just a menu. I know I should finally update my blog, but I just don’t even know where to begin. Life has been so crazy and stressful that the last thing I want to do is blog about it. Ya know what I mean? But it seems if I wait for life to calm down to blog I will never blog again. I sure miss blogging. But know that I blog in my head and think about you all everyday!
For the non-whiny bullet point update:
- My stepson, Erik, went to live with his mother and stepfather. – I had a very hard time with this.
- Erik turned 18 years old!
- My in-laws are no longer able to live indpendently. My MIL is currently in the nursing home and my FIL has returned from the nursing home to live in their community apartment. We are working to reunite them again sometime soon, hopefully.
- Confirmed DX of PCOS, but knew I had it years ago. Suggested I go back on my diabetic diet from when I had gestational diabetes and exercise more. Blah….Blah…Blah…I am a terrible patient.
- My new job is ALOT of work and I am struggling on how to juggle it all. I have dropped a few balls and end up working more than 40 hours every week it seems.
- Hubby and I have started the journey through the Financial Peace University and the teachings of Dave Ramsey. It is really great.
- Tommy is in the 3rd grade and his team won the soccer championship this year!
- We celebrated his birthday at the roller rink a couple a weeks ago. He is 9 years old.
- Tommy was ill for a prolong period of time, but after many Dr apppointments they think it is reflux. He is finally better and eating again.
- My chihuahua starting having seizures….really??? Cut me some slack here! I already have a diabetic cat that needs insulin shots. I know I am a caregiver by nature, but even I have limits. (this is sounding a bit whiny isn’t it?? – now you know why I have not been blogging.)
- We plan on going home to spend Thanksgiving with my family for the first time in a few years. Here we come South Dakota!
- I have been blessed by a second book group Wine, Women and Words. They are great set of christian women to call my friends.
- My husband is amazing. He has been a great support to me and helping me to adjust the new job and talks me away from the edge on a daily basis. Well it is less often now, but I don’t know what I would do without him.
- I am reminded everyday how incredibly blessed I am…….life really is good, just crazy busy!
Whew……I am sure I missed something, but that is enough for you to get the idea of how crazy things have been.
The treehouse is finally done!!!!!!!!!!
Erik turned 18 years old in September.
Tommy’s soccer team win the championship play-offs.
Tommy and Mom enjoyed dressing up for Halloween.
I will try to post a bit more often, but it always seems that facebook is a bit easier to update. But I sure miss my xanga friends!!