Menu for the Week of May 2nd
Sat- Taco Soup/ With Biscuits
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 48 ounce V-8, I use low sodium
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 packaged of taco seasoning (or use homemade)
- 1 teaspoon of beef bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips optional for serving
Cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is done. Drain. Add V-8, corn, beans, taco seasoning, and bouillon.
If using crockpot cook on low for about 3 hours, add cooked rice and cook on low for 30 more minutes. If using the stove top, cook for about 30 minutes, add cooked rice, and cook until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chips.
Mon – Mom working late – Spaghetti/Garlic Bread
Wed – Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed chicken, cooked (from freezer)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and cheese. Top with bread crumbs then cheese and bake at 350°F for 30 min.
Thursday – Frozen Pizza’s
Friday – Corn Dogs and Onion Rings
Saturday – Easy Baked Chicken/ Bake Potato/ Salad
4 large chicken breasts, with skin and bones
Preheat oven to 375°. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Place in large, rimmed baking sheet. Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crispy and golden brown. Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes. Cut each breast in half and serve with baked potato and a side salad.