I am going to share this here as well as on my book blog, Reading in White Bear Lake. It has been a very slow year of reading for me. Life and work have gotten in the way of my sitting around and reading into the wee hours of the night. Since I am no longer going to Duluth for work each month, my nights to read in the hotel room are gone as well. Alas, I have only read 28 books in 2009, but some very good ones!!
Jen’s Best Books of 2009
1. The Hour I First Believed – Wally Lamb (5/5)
2. The Crying Tree – Naseem Rakha – (5/5)
3. A Year On Ladybug Farm – Donna Ball – (4.5/5)
4. At Home on Ladybug Farm – Donna Ball (4.5/5)
5. The Lost Symbol – Dan Brown (4.5/5)
6. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle – David Wroblewski (4.5/5)
7. The Kindness of Strangers – Katrina Kittle (4.5/5)
8. Lace Reader – Brunonia Barry – (4.5/5)
9. Moloka’i – Alan Brennert – (4.5/5)
10. Things I Want My Daughters to Know: A Novel – Elizabeth Noble – (4.5/5)
I love making my list of best books each year. I forget about all the great books I read in the beginning of the year! Next, I will enjoy reading other book bloggers lists which will certainly make my “To Be Read” list even longer!