1. I take a notebook and go to the freezer and write down all the meat I have for meals.
Currently in our freezer:
Hot Dogs – 2
Steak (3 petite)
Seasoned Enchilada Meat – 1
Seasoned Cubed Steak – 1
Hamburger – 1lb pack – 1
Hamburger – 2 lb pack -1
Cooked Cubed Chicken – 2 cup bags – 7
Filled Chicken Breasts – 2
Whole Chicken – 2
Drumsticks – 1 bag
Cubed Ham – 1
Pork Loin -BBQ – 1
Bacon – 1
Pork Country Ribs – 1
BBQ Back Ribs -1
Pork Chops -1
2. Now I make my menu utilizing the meat on hand. I make a list of what to make with each item. I look if there were meals from the last 2 weeks of menu’s that I didn’t make and reschedule those meals. I plan on purchasing groceries again on Sept. 28th so I need to plan 14 meals.
When I need inspiration I go to some of the following websites:
Organizing Junkie – Host of Menu Plan Monday – last week there were over 300 particpants. Review their menus and get some ideas!
Grocery Cart Challenge – Great Blog for Frugal Menu Ideas – Menu Plan Monday Particpant
Our Online Cookbook – Find family favorites that require the ingredients I have.
Menus4Moms – Great site with menus for every week. I use this one alot!! (site not currently loading)
3. Next I make my menu and assign a day for each meal. I need easy meals for Tuesday and Wednesdays as we have to be somewhere after supper. I plan a kid friendly recipe for Friday Night as we usually do Family Movie Night.
4. I then go through each recipe and see if I have all the ingredients. I add any needed items to my shopping list. I try to buy as much as I can at Aldi. Any items that aren’t available at Aldi, I look for coupons for.
5. I put my list on my clipboard and head off to get my groceries. I also start shopping at Aldi. Whatever wasn’t available at Aldi I purchase at Festival or Cub Foods.
Happy Menu Planning…..